As everyone knows, the holidays are different when there are kids around. So, as my son turns one year old, this year I’ve been thinking differently about the holidays and what’s important. Here are a few things my family is doing / always does that you might consider:
- Use Amazon Smiles when you order from Amazon… same Amazon experience, just a portion or your purchase going to a cause you choose.
- Vote with your dollars by buying from local vendors, choosing US-made items, or skipping the “stuff” and sharing experiences to make new memories.
- Join a non-profit board — or a task-force if you can’t make an year-round commitment. See more about Courageous Sailing below.
- Re-gift or donate the stuff you won’t use again. We’ve lived in our house for two years. This month we’re sorting through the bins in our basement and gifting/donating what we can live without.
- Governor Baker signed a proclamation declaring January 2017 Women’s Leadership Month. See a list of ideas for how you can get involved with #advancingwomenjanuary.
In 2016 we set ambitious goals and were thrilled with the meaningful and lasting impact we made in the lives of inner city youth through enriched out-of-school time in the areas of STEM academic reinforcement and social-emotional learning.
Please consider joining me for
- a cup of coffee to learn more
- a day on the water
- to talk about your company summer event
- or to share connections with foundations
Latest posts by Alison Simons (see all)
- Answer the question behind the question to win more business - May 31, 2019
- Why Professional Services Firms Need a Video Strategy - April 29, 2019
- 6 Reasons your Current Clients are your Best Prospects - February 28, 2019